We would love for you to be a part of the Tricentennial Celebration! We look forward to partnering with you to spotlight our cultural heritage and our storied history, and dream of what our bright future may hold.
Please see below for information on participation criteria and the official application.
Criteria to become an official Tricentennial Event:
- Must be sponsored and managed by a non-profit/ public entity. If other, please explain further within application.
- Must be held within the city of San Antonio/ Bexar County, Texas.
- Should reflect the community spirit of San Antonio and Bexar County, and at no time damage the reputation or be offensive to the orderly conduct of the Tricentennial celebration.
- Must be open to the public and be conducted so as not to discriminate against any individual on the basis of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, national origin or age.
- Must occur during the time period of the Tricentennial celebration of January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
- If your event occurs before 2018, it must directly relate to the historical significance of the Tricentennial.
In your application, the Tricentennial Commission will evaluate the application based on five key guiding principles as adopted by the Commission.
- Creates a positive and/or lasting impact
- Showcases our city’s diversity, inclusiveness, and authenticity
- Defines the Tricentennial identity
- Identifies financial integrity and viability, timeliness, and transparency
- Educates and celebrates our shared history, and furthers our legacy
For questions, please contact Tricentennial staff at 210.207.2300 or contact them online.
BECOME AN OFFICIAL PARTNER
Please complete the fields below and submit with the required supporting documents by March 1, 2017. Applications will be reviewed by the Tricentennial Commission. If your organization is submitting more than one event for consideration as an official Tricentennial event, please list all activities included in the proposed series. Please note that being chosen as an official Tricentennial event does not include a funding commitment from the Tricentennial Commission.